Lockout: Isolation of a source of hazardous energy, including releasing any residual hazardous energy that might be present, and securing an isolation point by locking it.
Tag out is a labeling process that is always used when the lockout is required. The process of tagging out a system involves attaching or using an indicator (usually a standardized label).
In this course, we have covered,
- 1910.147 The Control of Hazardous Energy Lockout/Tagout (LOTO )
- LOTO and its purpose
- Locks and color codes
- Definition of employees
- Energy isolation devices and their types
- Scope of the lockout and tag out
- Application of energy controlled procedures
- Steps followed by energy controlled procedure
- Various types of lockout devices
- Group lockout tag out requirements
- Energy control procedures
- Equipment & training requirements
- Inspection of LOTO