External contamination results when the radioactive source in the form of solid, liquid or gas comes in contact with the body of the person. Radioactive sources can also enter inside the body through inhalation, ingestion or wounds on the skin resulting in internal contamination.
In this course, we have covered,
- What is radiation?
- Radiation source & radiation spectrum
- Types of radiation
- Ionizing radiation & Non-ionizing radiation
- Radiation protection & Radiation monitoring
- Types and monitoring techniques
- Types of radioactive sources
- Safe work procedures
- Radiation units
- Measuring radiation dose & its Dose limits
- Effects on the body & its biological effects
- Acts & rules & its standards
- Authorized person & Responsibilities of employer & radiological safety officer
- Case study